Welcome to At One Psychology
Evidence-based psychology to support your mental health and wellbeing.
My aim is to provide a collaborative, non-judgemental, compassionate, and safe space to support you through any concerns and challenges that you may have. Psychology may help you to identify personal strengths, increase self-awareness, reach your personal goals and provide tools to help you build a full, rich and meaningful life – the life you wish to live.
Therapy is an active process of change, requiring engagement and involvement to help you reconnect and grow.
I hold a Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours, First Class) and a Master of Professional Psychology. I am a registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board of Australia, and a member of the Australian Association of Psychologists Inc. (MAAPi). I have a background in high school science teaching, counselling and naturopathy, providing a skill set that contributes to my current psychology practice.
My psychology experience includes working in private practice, community psychology, victims of crime, residential aged care, telehealth and with government primary health networks (PHNs). I have a passion for collaboratively working with adults and adolescents to enhance their mental health wellbeing by using a combination of therapeutic approaches. I provide a warm and empathetic approach to supporting people through challenging periods in their lives.
Lesley's areas of interest
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depression and mood disorders
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting and family issues
- Anger management
- Living with cancer, chronic illness or pain
- Low self-esteem
- Grief, loss and issues of adjustment
- Drug and alcohol issues
- Carer support
- Men’s mental health
- Communication skills
- Emotional difficulties
- Self-development and personal growth
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Client Centred Therapy
- Mindfulness-based approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma Informed practice
- Strengths based approach
- Positive Psychology
- Compassion-focused approaches
- Emotion-focused approaches
- Attachment theory based approach
- Interpersonal skills building (e.g. social skills training, communication skills, problem solving skills)